logotype

CHANGE IT UP!

Once you've got a good workout plan going, you need to change it up a little bit every 3 months or so. It is easy to get into a workout rut, but you need to continuously challenge yourself. Otherwise, your body gets used to what you're doing, and you don't get the same impact.

There are all kinds of fun ways to create new workouts. Consider cross-fit training or kettle bell workouts. Download workout ideas from online, take a new fitness class or hire a trainer. The best use of a trainer is to have him or her give you a new workout either once a week or once a month. They can kick your butt and show you some new exercises.

I travel all the time, and I use that as an opportunity to mix up my workouts. I try to take advantage of a great new place to hike, some unexpected place I can rollerblade or a gym that I've never been to before. You can find your own way of changing things up that fits into your life.

The one thing that you shouldn't do is get stuck in a rut. If you continue to do the same things, you will continue to get the same results. I look at aging as a big snowball going downhill. If you want to fight the momentum, you have to build some countermomentum — and you can't do that by sticking with the same thing.

Add comment

Security code
Refresh